Leila Gruber, 87 - June 03, 2009
Leila Ilene Gruber, 87, of Gothenburg died Friday, May 29, 2009, at Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
Graveside services were held on Tuesday, June 2, at the Farnam Cemetery with the Rev. Larry Viter officiating.
Gruber was born Sept. 8, 1921, to Frank and Lottie (Gammill) Devine in Dawson County.
She attended school at Farnam, graduating from Farnam High School in 1938.
On Sept. 14, 1939, she married Roland “Shorty” Gruber at Julesburg, CO. To this union, two daughters were born. The family resided at Gothenburg.
Gruber was preceded in death by: her husband; her parents, Frank and Lottie Devine; sister and brother-in-law, Mildred (Bill) Widick; a sister, Eva Devine; brother, Herald Devine.
Survivors include: her daughters—Janet (William) Mackley of Stapelton, and Jean Westbrook of Cozad; grandsons—William (Julie) Mackley, Jr., Jim Mackley, and Patrick (Terri) Mackley; granddaughters—Shana Westbrook-Smith and Dawn (Tom) Horn; special friend, Harold Hilton; 14 great-grandchildren and two step-great-grandchildren.
Memorials are suggested to the Nebraska Boys Ranch.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.blase strauser.com.
Arrangements have been placed in the care of Blase-Strauser Memorial Chapel of Gothenburg.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair