Clarence Ostendorf, 85 - May 27, 2009
Clarence Raymond Ostendorf, 85, of Gothenburg passed away on May 19, 2009, at Hilltop Estates in Gothenburg.
Funeral services were held May 22 at the Zion Lutheran Church of Gothenburg with Rev. Bill J. Terry Jr., officiating.
Burial was at the Zion Lutheran Cemetery.
Ostendorf was born on Aug. 28, 1923, on the family farm northeast of Gothenburg to Harm and Hattie (Huer) Ostendorf. He attended Gothenburg schools.
He was an active member of the Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, where he was baptized on Oct. 21, 1923, and confirmed on July 3, 1938.
On Aug. 8, 1942, he married Avalon Long at Gothenburg. They farmed northeast of Gothenburg for 30 years. He also lived in Kansas City and Moberly, MO, part of his life.
?Ostendorf received an honorable discharge from the Marines in 1943.
?He is survived by numerous nieces and nephews.
?Ostendorf was preceded in death by: his wife Avalon; his parents; a sister, Cora; and four brothers, George, Mart, Ernest and Arthur.
?Memorials are suggested to the Ostendorf family c/o Rhoda Hansen, 41521 E Hwy. 30, Gothenburg, NE 69138.
Online condolences can be given at www.blasestrauser.com.
- Control drives abusers, fear keeps victims from leaving
- Space issues driving surgical expansion at GMH
- Seven in race for two council seats
- Irish explode offensively in win over Brady boys
- CPNRD gains acreage by Darr
- Local salt suppliers keep up with demand for salt
- Gothenburg’s share of ACE grants is $1,747
- You win some, you lose some