Kenneth L. Bauman, 88 - May 31, 2012
Kenneth L. Bauman, 88, passed away May 31, 2012 at Thorne Care Center/Wesley Towers, Hutchinson, KS.
Visitation is planned for 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday, June 3, with the family present from 6 to 8 p.m., at Ott Funeral Home, Haven, KS.
Funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m., Monday, June 4, at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Haven with the Rev. Russell Bonine officiating. Burial will follow in St. Paul’s Lutheran Church Cemetery, Haven.
Bauman was born Jan. 29, 1924, in Haven, the son of Henry and Meta Mueller Bauman. He served in the U. S. Army during World War II. He was a farmer, a member of the COOP board or directors, St. Paul’s Lutheran Church of Haven and the Veterans of Foreign Wars of Haven.
He married Wilma Beltz at Haven on Dec. 24, 1944,. She passed away on March 17, 1978. On Nov. 29, 1980, he married Marilyn Stevens Mann, who was raised in Gothenburg, at Hutchinson.
Survivors include: his wife Marilyn; two sons—James (Janice) Bauman of Haven and Rick (Catherine) Bauman of Haven; two stepsons—Vonn (Cheryl) Mann of St. Louis, MO, and Scott (Teresa) Mann of Hutchinson; grandchildren—Megan Bauman, Lindsey Bauman, Katie Degraffenried; stepgrandchildren—Abby Mulcahy, Joel Mann, Josh Mann, Taylor Mann, Chandler Mann, Jewel Mann, Lucy Mann.
Memorials may be sent to either St. Paul’s Lutheran Church or Hospice of Reno County in care of Ott Funeral Home, 102 N. Wichita, Haven, KS.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23