Lawrence Morrison, 86 - May 31, 2012
Lawrence Ray “Larry” Morrison, 86, of Custer, SD, formerly of Gothenburg, died Thursday, May 31, 2012, at the home of his son in Custer.
A memorial service is being planned for a later date. Arrangements have been placed in the care of McColley’s Chapel of the Hills at Custer.
Morrison was born March 6, 1926, at Etna, the son of Cela R. and Esther Morrison. He grew up in the New Hope and Etna area and graduated from Gothenburg High School.
He served his country with the U.S. Army during the Korean War and was discharged as a lieutenant.
Morrison lived, worked and played golf all over the country, playing golf in all 50 states of the union.
?Survivors include: sons—Robert (Sylvia) Morrison of Custer and Lawrence R. (Mary) Morrison, Jr. of Las Vegas, NV; daughters—Jeanette (Gary) Filpi of Florence, SC, Jannae (Jeff) Jernberg of Katy, TX, and Carla (John) Fountain of Syracuse, UT; special friend, Josephine “Jo” Cartledge of Longmont, CO; a sister, Ellen “Toots” (Jim) May of Laramie, WY; 11 grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics