Elsie Mae Derra, 96 - October 24, 2012Elsie Mae Derra passed away on Oct. 24, 2012, two days after her 96th birthday, at Peppies Hospice House in Tucson, AZ.
There will be a family and friends celebration of life at Easter time in Gothenburg. A mass is planned at 10:30 a.m. Monday, April 1, at Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church followed by a meal.
Derra will be laid to rest in North Platte at Floral Lawns Cemetery. There will be no graveside service.
Family members said she was a great seamstress who made many people happy with wedding dresses, crocheted table cloths, baptism dresses and quilts.
?She was preceded in death by: her husband of more than 60 years, Virgil; her son, Dallas; two sisters, Veda Marie and Mary Alice.
?She was survived by: her four daughters, Dilla (Larry) Goedert of St. Charles, MO, DeLene Derra of Tucson, AZ, DeEtta (Jerry) Wancewicz of Omaha and Delsie Fuqua of Carrollton, TX; I7 grandchildren and many great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23